Monday, April 2, 2012

Suddenly I See

This morning I was running on the treadmill and the song, “Suddenly I see,” by KT Tunstall came on.  I love this song.  It always makes me think about women who inspire me; women in my life.  I think about friends, aunts, my mom, etc.  I think about how my friend Amy always has a smile on her face and finds fun in everything she does.  Always! I think about how incredibly sweet Christina is and how dedicated she is to her faith.  I think about Karen’s dry sense of humor; how she always makes me laugh.  I think about my friend Jackie O who has such a strong sense of self.  I think about Heather who doesn’t care what anyone thinks; she is her authentic self.  Megs…my soul sister.  I think about my mom who will never get mad at anyone; she is beautiful and kind-hearted. I think about how strong and confident Gayle has always been; so funny and free. And, my friend Lisa who will never change for anyone or anything; a true friend.   Kristen; how she is so dedicated to her family.  I think about these women, because they inspire me with their beautiful qualities; qualities that motivate me to want to continue to evolve into someone better.  I love them all and I hope they know how lovely they are. 
But, this morning…one person came to mind when listening to the lyrics… 
Her face is a map of the world
Is a map of the world
You can see she's a beautiful girl
She's a beautiful girl
And everything around her is a silver pool of light
The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
It makes you calm
She holds you captivated in her palm
I thought about someone who walks with purpose.  There is nothing right now that will change her; no outside force; no pressure; nobody to keep up with.  She is inquisitive; soaking up information; wanting to learn.  She is elegant and dainty.  Beautiful.  Sometimes she closes her eyes and lets the sun hit her face; without a care in the world.  I wonder what she is thinking. 
Suddenly I see…this is what I wanna be….
Her excitement is palpable.  She will not hold it in for anyone.  She is who she is.  She knows what she likes and what she doesn’t like and is not afraid to tell you.   Her eyes hold the most innocent expression.     She loves her family and being altogether.  She is smart; remembering everything.   She has the hope of the world in her hand.  She has an infinite amount of love in her heart.
Suddenly I see…this is what I wanna be….
It is amazing how someone can really make you understand yourself better.  She makes me want to be better.  I am inspired by her.  Because, I want to “fill up every corner,” like her.  I want to know myself as well as she knows herself.  I want to have the “power to see,” as she does.  She is wonderful and lovely and everything in between.    
She is my daughter Cayleigh.  And, she is everything I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment