Thursday, April 19, 2012

C.R.H

My good friend got married last weekend.  It was absolutely beautiful and she looked absolutely gorgeous.  It was such a nice, beautiful weekend and a reminder of what started all of this craziness…entitled, ‘My New Life with kids.’  Ha!  We all need reminders like this because; I was able to witness the start of something magical; a marriage.  And with that…two lives changing and evolving.  What’s in store for them?  Change; ebbs and flows; the pretty; the not so pretty, the tiffs, the smiles, the laughter, the hope…the everything.  After 7 years, I have experienced all of this and look forward to experiencing it more as each day passes.
 
During the ceremony, the Priest started talking about relationships.  How each relationship is different and how something to someone means nothing to one person and everything to another.  He used a baseball bat to show the comparison.  It was a bat that was engraved with his own initials.  So, he said there was nothing like it in this world.   He went on to talk about how in different hands, it can be used differently.  Even though it is just a bat to him, it is livelihood to Derek Jeter.  He talked about how each relationship has its own path; its own purpose.  Every relationship is unique for every single couple.  He went on to talk about how important this union is because the union will grow with children that they will hopefully have.  Children are the most important blessing, he said. It is the most important job in the world for every union, he finished.  It is an amazing feat; being a parent.  It is selfless.  And then I thought about it.  I thought about the key to all of it. What makes all of this work is where it begins.   It begins with you and me.
I couldn’t do this without Chris.  I couldn’t succeed without him.  Not only is he an amazing father, but he is an amazing person.  He has taught me so much about kindness, trust, and absolute fulfilling love.  He is displaying these amazing characteristics in his parenting.  We are both exhausted.  Parenting is amazing but exhausting.  We are both working hard, with little time to ourselves and for each other.  And honestly, if we didn’t have such a strong foundation, I’m sure it would take a toll on our relationship; any relationship.  Because, it is hard!  Mentally draining.  Early this morning, our baby started crying at around 5 am and I worried she might have had a fever or caught what my toddler had last week.  So, I raced up there.  He was so tired.  I was so tired, but he said to me, “what do you need?”  “I need you to run to CVS and get infant Tylenol and start warming the bottle.”  Done.  It is the last thing he wanted to do.  But, he is my partner.  We are in this together.  I never question that he won’t do everything in his power to make it easier for me.  Not a doubt in my mind.  That to me is the single most important thing he can ever do for me.  Forget the jewelry; forget the new floors or the big fence.  Be there for me; support me…and he does.  And even though he isn’t present in our day to day lives until 7 pm, he is present in our day to day hearts, 24/7.  I know he is there for us. 
We know we are creating something special and trying our best to craft 2 amazing little girls with big hearts and big minds.  And it is vital to have the support from each other; even if it is just a phone call away; even if it is just a venting text.  We are soulmates.  And I know in my heart of hearts, we can do this together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment