Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Removing Toxins


I am reading a book right now and there was a paragraph that struck me.

“…having my own children has helped me to realize that it’s difficult, if not impossible, to choose between your family’s needs and your own and to balance all the demands on your time.”

Excerpt from “I Couldn’t Love You More” –Jillian Medoff

If you are a mom, you know this.  This is probably every mother’s complaint at one point in her life.  How do we find the time?  How do I balance?

If you have followed me along this journey of blogging and posting, you know I have struggled losing the baby weight and finding balance.  You have seen my ups and downs through motherhood.  I remember wearing yoga pants and complaining about my appearance with a 2 year old and an 8 month old; the unpainted nails, the unkempt look, the spare tire…the whole nine.  Maybe I’m an idiot for admitting this but it is true so there you have it.  We have all been there.  Who knows, you could be there now?!   You could be finger pointing at your 3 year old with gritted teeth while your newborn cries in the infant carrier seat as your stomach rolls over your waistband.  The life of a mother.  I was there, and my first thought was always, “I hope nobody can see or hear me,” as I lose it.  Not likely.

That thought however, “I hope nobody can see or hear me,” followed me throughout life.  I didn’t want people to truly see or hear me.  I didn’t feel like myself.  It was toxic.  I didn’t have the energy to talk to people.  I didn’t have the motivation.  But, luckily it all changed for the better.  I made balance a priority.  I put myself at the top of the list.

I sit here 26 pounds lighter since January 1.  I did a nutritional cleanse which changed me on the outside, but more so, it changed me on the inside.  And THAT, is the change we need as moms.  We need constant inside work.  We are ever-changing women with ever-changing needs.  Our needs have to be fulfilled in every way, in the way we choose.  If that happens, then we will be better moms because we will be happy.  I became a better mom because my relationships changed.  And, I wanted to be seen and heard.

I know it seems virtually impossible to balance time and take care of yourself as well as your family.  But, it is possible.  It’s about making the time for yourself to keep up or to change.  I chose change.  If I tried to keep up with what I was doing, I would have wound up in a deep dark hole.  But, I changed.  I never looked back.

My relationship with food changed.  No longer was I using it for peace or happiness.  No longer are we married to each other and no longer do I rely on it to fulfill any lacking needs.   I stopped putting garbage in my mouth.  I stopped relying on it.     
My relationships at home changed.  No longer am I short-tempered with my girls.  No longer does my husband come home to a grumpy McGrump!  He comes home to a well-balanced mom to 2 pretty well-balanced girls.  Give or take.

The biggest change was the one I have with myself.  My energy, the way I look and feel, the way I carry myself…all changed.  I cleansed on the inside and outside.  I cleansed for my life.  I cleanse for my children.  I keep cleansing.  People ask me if I’m going to do this forever.  Some judge.  Some ask with a look of disapproval.  Some try to tell me I’m not doing it the healthy way because I lost it all too quickly.  Thankfully, I don’t care what anyone thinks.  I only care about how I feel and that I know I’m doing what is right for me.  Cleansing is about something more than meets the eye.  It is about removing toxins from your life in the form of anything that takes you away from your true happiness.  Toxins aren’t just in food.  They lurk in the form of disapproval and judgment.  But, I turn a blind eye to them all.  I throw them in the trash and kick it to the curb.  I found support from people who have similar goals.  I found myself again.  I couldn’t be happier.

Moms, find your balance.  Remove your toxins.  Put yourself on the top of the list.  Make a change. 

 

If you want to find out more about nutritional cleansing.  Please message me on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment