Monday, April 22, 2013

Cleansing for Life


I have to say that I was a little skeptical to try this nutritional cleanse. 
I had been seeing posts on facebook from some old high school friends of mine about how they are so happy and healthy and they talked about nutritional cleansing and all of its benefits; like I said, skeptical.  Ya, ya, ya…  Sure, sure, sure…
They showed pictures of people before and after and I became intrigued. 
Hmmm, maybe I’ll email someone about it.
I emailed one of my old high school cheerleader friends and she said, “I’ll call you.”  I skirted the calls.  I was half interested at first. (Sorry Jaime).  I actually am pretty terrible with phone calls. If you know me, you know that about me.  I only talk to 2 people on the phone, my parents and my friend Megs from Seattle who I never see.  Sometimes my phone rings and I look at Chris and say, “why is this person calling me right now?”  He says, “Because they want to talk to you.”  Oh?!  Otherwise, I’m a texting rock star…ask anyone?!  Anyway, I thought about having to give up my Special K and banana every morning for breakfast as I skirted the calls.  I literally woke up looking forward to my breakfast.  Scrumptious!!!  And my COFFEE…MY COFFEE…MY starbucks, my dunkin donuts…my happiness…NOOOOOOOO.  I cannot do it.  I know I cannot do it!!!!!!!  What would I do at around 3 pm for my Starbucks run?  How would I cope?
Anyway, I hesitantly ordered a 30 day cleanse program from a company called Isagenix that I knew nothing about.  This is actually how I roll.  I just do things sometimes without thinking them fully through.  My mom researched it for me, (thanks Mom) and gave me the green light.  It was good, it was healthy, and I could do it.  My dad concurred.  It was not going to make me drop dead of a heart attack at age 33.  Check.  My mentor, Jaime also reminded me a couple of times to watch the videos and look at the information and I finally did it.  I started the program with one foot in and one foot out on April 2.
My one foot in is actually my right foot and it always gets me going.
Day 1 I was WEAK!  I literally had to pick up my head with my hands to get it off the couch by the end of the day.  It was like a bowling ball without my daily coffee.  I texted my old friend from High School (who was also doing the program) that night and said, “Maybe I am weak, but there is no way I can do this for 30 days, I’m starving!”
She texted back and said, “It gets better.  Give it 5 days.”  So I did. 
Day 2 and my head was a bowling pin. 
Day 3 and I felt like a bowling shoe.
Day 4 and I said to myself, “I think I can go bowling” My headache was gone and I started to feel something that people call, Energy.  Where did this come from?
Day 5 and I said to myself, “I definitely can do this” Both feet were in the door and I was completely on board.  I started to feel great.
Here I am finishing up day 21 and I have never felt better…
Here is what I have to say about it.  It is hard; there is no doubt about that.  You need willpower.  BUT, if you can follow directions, you can do it.  See, I’m a rule follower.  Just ask my husband.  If he is going over the speed limit, I’ll put my police cap on and say, “You are speeding!!!”  I cried last week at the borough office of my town because I got a summons in the mail for not registering my alarm system.  “You don’t understand,” I said to him, “I actually follow rules.  I didn’t know!!! I cannot live with getting a summons in the mail!!”  He felt bad but couldn’t do anything about it.  I registered my alarm system and will appear at court and be 5 minutes early.  I know how to follow rules and so I can do this.  They give you a shopping list and a schedule.  Easy!  I must also say that the shakes are delicious.  I have one for breakfast and lunch and feel full and satisfied.  I never thought that would be possible, but it is! 
ANYWAY… If you want to find your best self somewhere in there, you can do it.  I am cleansing for my body but also my mind and my soul.  I am a better mom because I am a more relaxed and happy person without the jittery feeling I got from my daily coffee fix.  My kids are actually having less tantrums, probably because I am having less tantrums.  ha!  I feel fresh, nourished, and strong.  Nourished is the key word here because I think I was completely lacking some of the daily necessities for good health; vitamins and nutrients.  For once, I know what to do and I can do it.  I am amazed at the difference I feel and the different person I am becoming; energized and motivated and actually very positive.  I am thankful that I took a chance and decided to make a positive change.  I am 9 pounds lighter but 100 pounds happier. 
Let me know if you want to try it.  Inbox me if you want to jump on a 3-way CALL!  ---with my mentor Jaime and I.  In the meantime, visit the website for more information!!!  If you were thinking about it, you should try it.  I feel very thankful that I took a leap of faith and landed somewhere in between happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment