Friday, December 28, 2012

Anything Can Happen


I don’t really watch the X Factor but I really liked this group called, “Fifth Harmony.”  I didn’t like them at first but then they sang this song, “Anything can happen,” and it was like magic.  Five girls, against all odds, singing a song that made me believe in them.  And the words…they made me believe in everything.  And now as we wrap 2012, I believe that “Anything Can Happen” and does and will…
It’s true.  It was a full year, filled with highs and lows, which I’m sure encompasses most people’s thoughts these days.  It does mine.  And as I look back, I cannot help but think about things that stood out for me…
In January, I think back to when I started the year with a 2 ½ year old and a 6 month old and felt like, yes I can do this…I think.   And in other moments I thought, NO I CAN’T!  Help!  But look now, I did it.  We all did.  Every day, we do it.  We get through it.  And, even though it was hard at times, I’ll never forget this year.  It will hold a special place in my heart because it was the year my babies were true, little tiny babies and not just that in sentiment. 
And through it all, how I know I will long for it one day… because in 2012 my first born turned into a little girl. In “The Other Side,”” when everything swirled around me in fast motion, because I watched my (almost) 3 year old daughter go from a baby to a young lady in the flash of an eye. “I remember those side swept bangs and that day at the park like it was yesterday. 
It was around that time that I realized it was her that inspired me most, because “she is who she is.  She knows what she likes and what she doesn’t like and is not afraid to tell you.  She has the hope of the world in her hand.  She has an infinite amount of love in her heart.  Suddenly I seethis is what I wanna be….”  My little baby turned into a little lady this year and I was in awe of her.
And my little second baby!  I realized this year that I had nothing to worry about for my second child.  The second child syndrome wasn’t a bad thing because “she has it all, that little baby…and that much more”, because she has a sister.  I think about the way she giggles and smiles at her big sister; the way they hug so tight.  I think about how she has grown. I think about how she went from sitting to crawling to walking and running, to climbing on top of tables.  She is a character, that little miss.  She wears her heart on her sleeve.  She has filled every piece of my heart.
And then there was my… “Sock Balls,”—my husband’s sock balls rather.  Remember when “my husband asked me to roll his socks in balls.  Apparently I was only half rolling them up.  Ok, yes.  In between my very stimulating day of poopie diapers and spilled milk, I will roll your socks in a very tight ball.  Glamorous.”    
AND oooohhh….I will never forget when that other random mom laughed at me when I had a very bad moment at My Gym.  It was then that I truly believed in KARMA again... “Laugh away my friend because I know she will be there soon.  She has a toddler and a brand new 4 week old.  It’ll happen to her.  The same scene.  Karma.”  I wonder if it did…probably right?!  Actually, I’m going to say YES!  I hope I’m not being mean, but I hope someone laughed at her.  Snarf and blart random mom 
I think about things that made me crazy, that don’t give me a second thought now, like my “Painted Nails.”  I never realized what a stir my nails could cause in some people.  How stupid, right?  Who cares about nails?  They are not to be focused on.  It isn’t about those things at all.  It is about how you feel INSIDE! And how you act toward others! Right?!  Some people just don’t get it.  I learned that in ‘12.  Just ignore them.  They will go away eventually.
I’m glad that through the year however, I strengthened wonderful, beautiful friends and people who I can call my real friends.  I’ve found some new and connected with them by relating to their journey of motherhood.  And I've connected with others just because.  I’m blessed that I have good women in my life.  I hope you have them!  These women are the reason to get up and sip coffee (MOJO) in the morning.  I know they are doing the same thing at the same time, maybe thinking the same things, maybe dreading the same things, perhaps hoping the same things and knowing they are not alone.  We aren't.  I love these women!  Here’s to you! 
 
***********************************************************
But, with the good, comes the bad.  And, unfortunately this thought doesn’t always mean that everything good will happen.  Sandy struck and we all had to deal with changes and life’s real problems.  Without power and light, we felt darkness.  So many people lost so much.  But, we all came together to help one another and realized that through kindness and love, good can come out of bad.

Anything can happen…

The Sandy Hook Shootings made us truly feel tangible pain for others.

“Letting darkness grow.  As if we need it’s palette and we need it’s color.  But now I’ve seen it through.  And now I know the truth.  That anything can happen”

It is true that anything can happen, bad or good…so we have to hold on tight to the ones we love.

2012 is coming to an end.  I’m hoping to focus on new positive change for 2013.  I don’t know, maybe I’ll run a half marathon.  Maybe I’ll lose those last few pounds.  Perhaps I’ll take a trip.  I’ll hug, I’ll love, I’ll kiss, I’ll laugh, I’ll run, I’ll lose, I’ll gain, I’ll think, I’ll try, I’ll fail, I’ll know, I’ll forget, I’ll forgive, I’ll do it all and know that it can slip away at any time.  I’ll do it more. 

To The 250 people who read each and every post, Thank you for supporting me in 2012!   Whoever you are, I'm glad you are here... 
And thank you for making me feel like, yes you get it.  You understand.  I'm not alone ;)
I hope you’ll stay in 2013 and ride along this journey of motherhood and beyond. 

Hold on tight my friends…
"Since we found out, since we found out, that anything can happen, anything can happen, anything can...."

All the best for 2013
Love,
Noreen
********************************************************
See XFactor performance by Fifth Harmony
Suddenly I see by KT Tunstall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tlU-1u1JC8

No comments:

Post a Comment