Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Homewrecker

You know when you can’t have the cookie, your whole life becomes all about the cookie?  I’m obsessing about the cookie sometimes.  I want the cookie.  I’m not having it, but I’m wanting it and thinking about it.  Today I went to the deli that has those beautiful black and white cookies and they didn’t have them.  Thank you to the higher power that took them away today.  I actually had a really tough week.  It was the type of week that could have made me pick up that cookie.  And once I pick it up, it is hard for me to stop.  I didn't.  My emotional eating did not overpower me this time.
 
I’m watching the show Undercover Boss right now and it is about the President of Moe’s Southwest Grille.  Basically, the show is about the President going undercover to see what is going on within the restaurants on a day to day basis.  When I was pregnant with my first, my coworkers and I went to Moe’s AT LEAST once a week.  Me, Christian, and Maureen would hop in the car and get ourselves a Homewrecker.  When I gained 20 pounds by week 20, I couldn’t understand it.  My mom said, “What are you eating?”  “I don’t know,” I responded, “nothing different.  I’m getting a burrito at lunch but it is all veggies.”  “Let me look up the calories,” my mom said.  I called her on the way home from work that day.  “It’s 910 calories Noreen.”  OH…
The problem with me is that I’m still learning what is actually good and what is not. I had NO IDEA that the homewrecker was SOOOO BAD for me.  OMG, I’m starting to see it now…you know…the light.  I’m trying to make good choices.  I’m trying to resist temptation, especially when it is thrown in my face sometimes.  “Here is a black and white cookie Noreen, want it?”  NO!   I’m walking by the cookie section and spending more time with the veggies.  But, not the Homewrecker veggie section, the ACTUAL veggie section.  ha!  I’m drinking this Mo Juice a few times a week which is something new for me.  But, it is giving me the burst of energy that my coffee was giving me at 3 pm (except today I took a nap at 3 pm while my husband did a puzzle with my 3 year old). 
My friend Karen sent me a link to a list of superfoods.  The other day, I made a black bean and spinach tortilla for lunch.  I wanted to douse it with sour cream, but I didn’t.  I ate it like that, and it was good.  I sent the picture to my friend Karen and she sent me one of hers.  I LOVE having someone supportive and wanting to help me on this journey.  Xoxo Karen…
Did it fill me up?  No.  But, I felt good about doing something ‘super.’
 What keeps me going?  The Bar Method 60 day challenge is keeping me going.  I am the type of person who needs something to work toward.  I need an end date.  Even when I go running, I need to know exactly where I am going and how long it will take or I will give up 3 steps into the run.  On a similar note, I don’t get motivated by supermodels.  I feel like that is out of my reach.  I get discouraged quickly.  My internal goddess is saying, "I can't get there."  Instead, I get motivated by watching someone eat a big fat ice cream cone with a big belly.  I’m just being honest.  It makes me put down the ice cream cone and quick.   
I’m getting motivated to start making healthy meals.  For the first time, I want to take the time to learn.  I want my family to be healthy too. 
I’m starting to see a change.  Is it on the inside or outside?  Hard to tell.
-2 pounds
 

No comments:

Post a Comment