Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Man's Touch


I know what these men think.  They think, “What’s the big deal?”  I know it.  When I wrote “Beast of the East,” my girls were just getting over being sick.  BLAH!  I went to visit my home town the next weekend to celebrate with my friend for her birthday.  We stayed with my parents.  We woke up on Sunday after a late night, tired and groggy.  But, it was a pretty nice day, still cold, but nice.  All of the sudden I hear the door open and I see my dad (Grandpa) with both girls outside on the front stoop.  He was holding the baby who had no socks or shoes and my 3 year old had socks on, no shoes; both with no jackets on.  January.  Winter.  Am I crazy or should they have coats and gloves and hats and socks and shoes on???  Am I crazy or should they?
ME:“Dad, are you kidding, they are just being over major colds and it’s WINTER!!!!!” 
DAD: “Feel it outside, it’s nice out.” 
ME: “It’s winter.  Bring them inside and at least put their socks, shoes, and coats on.” (Huff and puff).
DAD THINKING: “What’s the big deal?”  BUT SAYS, “Ok.” 
ME THINKING: “Am I crazy?”
It reminds me of the blueberry story.  Apparently my husband just told some of his coworkers this story, just yesterday.  This was when the baby was about 11 months.  Let me preface the story with this: she was not a picky eater.  Still isn’t.  She will pretty much eat anything, but she definitely has her favorites.  Blueberries include one thing that she could eat morning, noon, and night.  Blueberries are the one food where I have to CUT HER OFF. 
Well anyway, we were staying with my in-laws that weekend.  I had been getting the kids in the morning for a while, but my husband told me to sleep in.  Ahhhh, how nice.  He says, “I’ll get the kids breakfast and get them dressed.”  Sweet relief.  Well, I come up from a nice long slumber to see my 11 month old in the high chair stained with blueberry; around her mouth, on her hands, everywhere.  “Wow,” I said, “she must have eaten well.”  My arms outstretch with a nice long extended yawn
“WELL,” he responds, “She must have eaten 100 blueberries.”   
ME: …………….&%*$
ME: “100 Blueberries.  You must be joking?  You know 100 blueberries will give her a major stomach ache.  You know 100 blueberries will make her VOMIT.”
HIM: “Well, maybe it was like 75.”
ME: “You have to be joking”
HIM THINKING: “What’s the big deal?”  AND SAYS, “No big deal.  She’s fine.  I exaggerated.”
ME THINKING: “Am I crazy?”
Needless to say, her crib was stained with blueberries because she woke up from her nap puking blueberry pie. 

ME SENDING HIM A TEXT OF A PICTURE OF PUKE BLUEBERRY CRIB WITH THE CAPTION:
“This is why we don’t feed our baby 100 blueberries.”

HIM THINKING: “What’s the big deal?” --I know it.
********************************************************************

 UPDATE ON 60 DAY CHALLENGE:
So far, when I am starving, I'm trying not to run to the truffles.  I did have 2 yesterday.  Whateves.  Baby steps... But, they were allotted in my weight watchers points anyway.  I already feel better.  I haven't lost weight, but I feel healthier.  I tried this juice that the Bar Method sells.  It is called Mo Green Juice.  All veggies.  I didn't mean to use it as a meal replacement, but it is pretty filling.  What is today, Thursday??  Well, I think that is something.  Day 4...starting a change.... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment