Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Thirty Something


My birthday is tomorrow and I want to give myself a present for the next year, perspective.

·         Instead of getting upset with anyone who acts mean-spirited, I want to rejoice in the good people.

·         Instead of thinking of the have-nots, I want to think about what I do have.

·         Be inclusive.

·         I don’t want to get upset about all the times my baby cries, I want to enjoy the times she smiles and laughs.

·         Try and find humor in poop in the tub, peas on the floor, bite marks on my arm, getting my pants pulled down by my baby, and/or toys in the mouth at every moment.  There is humor in that, right?

·         HELLO…every CHILD has MELTDOWNS!

·         Don’t change for anyone; instead…I will be better for myself.

·         Instead of thinking of anyone in my life who has shut me out, I want to remember the ones who opened the door up wide and smiled.

·         Who cares if I cannot spend hours upon hours on myself, my nails, or my figure, I will be grateful for any time I do have to myself.

·         Note to self: The kids will eat when they are hungry; do not chase them with pancakes and milk.

·         I want to remember to enjoy every good, peaceful moment; close my eyes and take it in.

·         I don’t have to be friends with everyone.

·         Trust my gut.

·         I’m married to the best human being on earth; remember that…even when he doesn’t take out the trash or close the cupboards. ;)

·         Remember my daughter is 3, not 12; she is still a baby and needs to be that way sometimes.

·         I have to remember that I don’t need everyone to like me, as long as I like myself.

·         Sometimes it is ok to count down the minutes until bed-time.

·         Teach my children by example by showing others kindness, generosity, and compassion.

·         Things don’t equal happiness.

·         I have to remember that sometimes it is ok to be left-out; I know there is always someone who wants me around.

·         Dance more, smile often, let loose, kick-back, have fun.

·         Be a good friend.

·         My kids will be small for a short-time, please try to cherish it.

·         DO NOT get involved in mommy wars.  They are no good!

·         If I cannot be comfortable being myself around someone, I shouldn’t be around them.

·         Sometimes, the dishes can wait until morning.  So can the laundry.  So can my game of ‘Words with Friends’

·         Nothing beats girl time.

·         Don’t give in to gossip…unless it is really, really good…or…somewhat good.  ;)

·         Read to my children more; look at IPHONE less.

·         If the kids are whining a lot, not going to bed, not sleeping through the night; remember it won’t last forever, it is usually a phase and it generally lasts 2 weeks.

·         Don’t put pressure on myself. 

·         Be me.

I’m telling myself these things so that I can remember to keep perspective.  It is so easy to cry instead of laugh or to complain instead of share the good moments.  So easy.  Sometimes it is hard to remember the perspective.  As I approach my birthday, I’m giving myself a clean slate.  But, I won’t leave the bad moments out of my blog, or nobody will read it.  Haha!

Thanks for continuing to support me and read my thoughts and words.  I definitely have perspective on that.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Noreen, I absolutely love your blog! Everything you write is right on the money! You do put things in perfect perspective! -Jamie yannotii Jorgensen :)

    ReplyDelete