Friday, August 10, 2012

My 10 Favorites!


I definitely don’t claim to know everything about babies, places and/or things.  If you want ideas of the best places, events, restaurants, and activities in Bergen county etc…read my friend Tara’s blog: http://knowitallinnj.blogspot.com/

But, I do want to say what saved my life the last 3 years in terms of raising these growing ladies. 

Picture my best Oprah voice….

“Here are my 10 favorittteeee thhiiingggsss”

1.       Music for Aardvarks.  Talk about a seamless program.  This is a music program that focuses on babies and toddlers.  I started taking my 3 year old when she was 1 and fell in love.  Every semester they have a new CD which I feel keeps it fresh and lively.  It has taught both of my daughters an appreciation for music.  All of the teachers are fun and friendly and have a way with the children.   If you live in the area and haven’t tried it yet, try it.  If you don’t have it near you, there are so many other music programs around.    


2.       Diapers.COM!

 It has EVERYTHING you need.  And it ships the NEXT DAY!  I’ve been down to that LAST few diapers and gotten my order in time.  Enough said.


3.       LL Bean Tote Bag (size L) –If you think it is weird that I put this on, think again.  I have used this since my 3 year old daughter was born.  It has enough space for an extended weekend trip.  It’s deep, durable, and fits both of my girls’ clothes and so much more.  It can be monogrammed and it is super cute, if you ask me.  I just got it for a friend who recently had a baby and I hope she uses it because I’m. In. Love.



4.       The Bar Method.  It came to my area recently, but I am ALL ABOUT IT.  If you are looking to shed some baby weight, tone up and make your muscles long and lean, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.  Go.  I LOVE it.  I’m a groupie.  Give me the t-shirt and the socks.  I’ll wear them to church.  It has child care in a fantastic room, which I haven’t utilized just yet, but I will.  The class is hard, the teachers are awesome, and the place is serene.  Try it.


5.       Stroller Strides. I so wish I had kids that sit nicely in the stroller while I worked out for an hour.  I took this class when my daughter was a baby, and I loved it.  She however, did not.  I did it for about 6 months but, I wish I could still do the class.  You meet great women who are in the same place as you, get a good work-out in, and don’t have to use child care if you can’t.  I think it is the best of all the worlds and I highly recommend it.  It is all over our area so sign up!   They also just started a boot camp class which I am going to try and I’ll tell you about it.  Visit the website to see everything they offer! 


6.       Rock and Play Sleeper. I didn’t have it for my first, but it was amazing for my second.  She slept in there until she was about 4 months old.  The minute I put her in it at, she slept through the night.  If you have a newborn, this is the thing to get.  Amazing.  Wonderful.  Worth every penny!  The only drawback was moving her from here to the crib.  A few bad nights.  No biggie.



7.       The Sound Machine!  Love this.  I use it for both of my kids.  I think it is great because you can bring a piece of home when you travel while drowning out the noise.  I am a big fan.  Just throw on that white noise and call it a day.  I use this one.  It really doesn’t make a difference which one you get.




8.       The Baby Bjourn  I used this with both of my girls until about 10 months.  They want to be close and I wanted to get things done; this solved the problem.  It is an easy contraption.  It worked when I had to run errands and didn’t want to break out the stroller.  If you have a baby under 1 year old, get it. 


9.       Plum Organic Snack Packs  Snacks on the go.  So easy.  I give it to my 1 year old and she squeezes into her mouth during a long car ride or on the go.  She likes every single one.  What a genius idea.  Seriously.  I wish I thought of this. 



10.   Boogie Wipes  I use it for everything, not just boogies; wiping the face and hands.  Throw it in your diaper bag and you are good to go.  Love them.



I would also love to hear the things that helped make little babies a little easier.  Share your ideas or thoughts in the comment section below or on my facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment