Friday, June 15, 2012

Nothing but the best


When I think about my dad, I think about dignity and strength.  He is a brilliant man with a brilliant heart.  He trusts to a fault.  He loves without fault.  He makes his family proud. 

When I think about what kind of dad I grew up with, I think about self-sacrifice.  He sacrificed his time to help sick people get better.  He did it because he loved to help.  He did it because he loved his family.  He provided, without question but still had time to spend with us.  In life, he deserves nothing but accolades, hugs, and countless thanks...    He deserves nothing but the best!

When I think about my husband as a dad, I think about warmth and play.  I see him pretending with our toddler and tickling our baby.  I see him reading books, teaching, explaining and spending time.  He possesses more kindness and love in his little finger than some people have in their whole hearts.  He shines so bright and with all the colors of the rainbow.  He is nothing but the best!

When I think about my father in law, I think about quiet sensitivity, loud laughter, and the core of family.  I see how he raised 3 wonderful men and I am indebted to him for that.  If my husband is anything like him, my girls are in good hands.

When I think about dads in general, I think about nobility.  I think about men who will do anything to make sure their family is provided for, without complaint.  I think about long commutes, long hours, long days and big wide smiles for their children.

When I think about every single dad in the world, I feel a sense of humility.   Their unassuming nature; their vigor; their depth; their strength.  It humbles me.
When I think about how significant it is to be a dad and how much they are relied on, I think about faith.  I think about how we can never doubt their dependability or their trustworthiness.  They will always be there for our children. 
When I think about it all; especially the impact they have on their children and family, I feel a sense of relief.  We are not alone.
Fatherhood begins with an open heart, is intricately engraved with principles and wisdom and supported with strong, capable arms.
I am grateful to my husband for being such an incredible father and man.  I am grateful that he chose me to maneuver through this incredible journey together.  I am grateful to my father, who doesn’t even know how much I look up to him.  I am grateful to my father in law, for treating me like his own.  I am grateful to every father out there, who spends time with his children to teach and love.
Fathers…they are nothing but the best!
Happy Father’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment