Saturday, May 11, 2013

Only the Mom...


You know what I was thinking, how nobody else in the world knows how you feel, except for the person going through the same thing you are. 
A soldier can only know what another soldier went through.  His or her wife or husband just cannot fully get it.  And so sometimes, it is only their soldier friends who they can talk to.  We cannot grasp the life of a doctor when he or she loses a patient.  Only another doctor can say, “I know, I’ve been there.”  We cannot get the highs and lows of the markets unless we are “living” the markets and working the markets.  We can listen and watch CNBC, but we will not truly understand it unless we are working on Wall Street.  Grandparents cannot get it because they don’t fully remember the day to day.  And, times have changed.  Husbands/Fathers cannot get it, because they get snippets of the life.  Your best friend (with no kids) cannot fully understand the life of a mother until she is shushing her screaming baby at 4 am. 
The point is, we can never understand someone else’s reality unless we are in it.  We cannot fully get it. 
Yesterday I kind of had a low day.  The only person in the whole world I wanted to talk to was another mom.  I called my friend and we met at the park and hashed it all out.  We hashed out life based on our realities.  We were able to do that because we can fully understand what the other person is going through.  It gave me perspective.   Only the MOM, the beautiful MOM, can sit down next to you on a bench and get it.

I don’t have a lot to say today.  But I want to just give a tribute to all of the mom’s out there who wipe poop, rock babies at 2:30 am, chase a running toddler out the door, deal with tantrums on a daily basis, and do it all with all the love in the world.  YOU truly get it.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment