Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A different Aura


So many people have been telling me that I seem like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  I think it has been lifted off my hips.  But something has definitely been lifted; my spirits, my energy, and my happiness.  Don’t get me wrong, I still have my days but they are literally few and far between now.  There are more good days than bad and more energy than not.  Yesterday I ran around my backyard with my girls kicking the soccer ball and going down the slide.  Happiness.  I used to sit on the chair and watch them.  But, my 21 month old daughter’s eyes lit up when I went down the slide and ran with the ball.  “More” she said.  “More, mama”

As you know, I did a nutritional cleanse in the beginning of April…and haven’t looked back.   I’ve heard the whispers about it.  SCAM!  Well, what happens when it’s over?!  The truth is, it is only as good as you make it.  As my friend said, it is only a scam if you believe that after 30 days you can go back to old habits and expect NOT to gain the weight back.  It is a scam if I tell you can eat candy and lose weight.  It will come back if you don’t make a lifestyle change.  My life has changed for the better, because of it.
Since January 1st, I have lost a total of 21 pounds.  If you are a follower of my posts, you know that I have been talking about my love handles for a solid year now.  I talked about the bar method 60 challenge and weight watchers, and so on and so forth.  When I found this cleanse program, I swear I found the best thing for me.  I used to look at posts on facebook from people talking about how happy they were and literally SNARL.  Grrr, you can't be that happy.  CURSE YOU!  But now, I can actually feel happy for others and for myself. 
I did the 30 day program and continued on a healthy life cleanse going forward as I try to reach my goal weight; a weight I haven’t been since my wedding day, June 12, 2004.  (And you all know how skinny everyone gets for their wedding). 
I am now at a weight that I haven’t been since 2005.  I never thought it was possible as I would get on the scale and just accept the way it HAD to be because of 2 children.  And apparently I don’t own a full-length mirror because how did I lose 21 pounds and still have more to go??!!!  HUH?!  But, regardless, I decided to make a change and I have never regretted my decision for one second.  I worked hard at it, but I am starting to really reap the benefits of my hard work, my focus, and the change that I feel. 

Jan 2013May 2013


My good friend said to me, “I don’t want to do the program because I don’t want my kids to see me popping pills and drinking shakes.”  I replied, “it isn’t for everyone.”  I wanted to say, “It isn’t like that,” but I refrained because it ISN’T for everyone.  But, I want my kids to see me happy and healthy.  I want them to see me focused and motivated to attain a goal that CAN be reached.  I want them to see me succeed, empowered, and changed.  I want them to see me run.  I want them to see me ‘do.’  I want them to see me ‘be’ better than I was.  I want them to see me eating healthy dinners and choosing healthy snacks.   I choose health, happiness, and nutrition.

I have changed, inside and out.  My aura is lighter, brighter, and happier.  The change is because of the cleanse but has been brightened through my new attitude.  “Yes, I can.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment