Thursday, November 8, 2012

Lights Out


A message to my Resilient ‘Growing Ladies,’
Dear C and K,
We went through a lot this week.  I’m hoping I was able to keep life as normal as possible despite the chaos and devastation that surrounded us.  I know you saw Mommy cry, but I trust you know it is because I was overcome with emotions from what everyone had to endure and I felt helpless.  I hope you understand how important it is to help others when something like this happens; to offer a hand, an ear, your heart or your prayers.  I’m praying you were able to see daddy and I donate our time and give to the less fortunate.  Actions speak louder than words and I expect you will act in the future if needed.  The word “Donate” should never be a foreign word to your ears; it should be familiar and ignite your hearts with faith.
I apologize for being short with you at times.  I was a little out of sorts, especially trying to keep us warm in a cold house and then being away from home for so long.  I apologize for that.  Maybe it was cold and dark at our house, but it was also warm in love.  Something to remember!

I know it was scary to see all the trees down and on top of our neighbors’ houses and driveways and front yards and it was a little scary to sleep in such a dark house.  But, at least we had each other.  And, at least we were able to stay with grandma and grandpa for almost a week.  They had a warm house and warm food and took good care of us.  I know you will not forget that.  I won’t either.
The images on the TV were also very frightening to see but it only showed us how much we need to help.  I’m sorry you had to see all that.  But I guess it is a part of life.  I cannot shield you from everything.  Yet, I think it is ok because you were able to see so much good through it all.  So, I hope you don’t remember the bad and scary things, I hope you remember the way we were all able to come together.  Images of the devastation brought me to tears, but so did the efforts of strangers trying to make a difference and/or aid in the effort. 
My darling girls,
I hope you remember how strangers will ban together in a time of need.  I hope you remember how fortunate we are to have a home, warmth, and lights. The simple things are never to be taken for granted.  I hope you remember neighbors knocking on the door to check in and calling me on the phone.  When the chips fall down, family and friends will pick you up.  I hope you remember that and carry it throughout your life, warm in your pocket.   For it always begins and ends with family.
Love,
Mom

****Hurricane Sandy devastated the east coast.  I have many friends who lost everything and others who lost alot.  I wanted to share relief efforts that are near and very dear to my heart.  I hope you can help so many who are in such need.

Rebuild the Jersey Shore
Collecting any and all donations at:
Simply Sun
635 Bay Ave #202-5
Toms River, NJ 08755


Shades of Soho
 Glen Rock, NJ
For the remainder of this year they will be offering 10% off All of in-house products and services as well as 10% off any items on our website https://shadesofsoho.com/

During this time they will be donating 5% of all sales to Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund. 

Megan Khichi photography
Hurricane Sandy Relief opportunity!!
To contribute to a Hurricane Sandy relief fund, purchase a print of this Seaside Heights photo (in color or B&W and varying sizes).
100% of profits will go to help victims of Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey

*For all of our Long Island Friends who were hit hard from the storm, you can send donations to:
St. Martins Outreach
ATTN: Keith Mainhart
37 Union Ave.
Amityville, NY 11701
Please note "HURRICANE RELIEF" in the memo area of all checks!rsey.

Visit link here, and please share!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/megankhichiphoto

The Glen Rock Newcomers and Neighbors
is collecting donations for the Rebuild Hoboken Relief Fund until November 15th.
You can find information about what we are collecting and drop off locations in Glen Rock and
Fair Lawn on the Glen Rock Newcomers and Neighbors website:



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment