Friday, February 15, 2013

Roadblock

The 60 day challenge is more than half way done and I’ve hit a roadblock.  Here are my 4 main roadblocks:
1.       Kids
2.       Time
3.       Food
4.       Stress
It actually makes me laugh because these 4 things are so general but they all relate and make it impossible for me to succeed.  
Kids
My 18 month old is going through a clingy stage.  If I leave the room, she cries.  If she isn’t tugging at my shirt or pants or poking me in the eye and sticking her finger up my nose, she cries.  Her teeth are coming in so I am trying to keep it together but guess what I want when I don’t have a moment to myself.  Something juicy but not Mo juice, something more mouth watering…like…a chicken quesadilla with quac.  On Tuesday I dropped her off at the childcare at my Bar Method class.  About 25 minutes into the class, I hear, “Noreen??….Noreen???….”  Yup, that is for me, and it isn’t the teacher telling me to tuck my butt, it is my baby calling…actually screaming for me.  See you later Bar Method.  Today, I tried again.  I’m not a quitter.  She cried for 10 minutes and then right before abs, she did a poopie.  “Hmmm,” she thinks, “how can I get my mommy back to me?”  Splat!  I knew I wouldn’t be coming back to class after the diaper change.  She wouldn’t let me.   Take that MOM!  Pow!!!
 
Time
See, I’m the type of person that likes the end result, not the journey.  I’m just being honest.  This isn’t just with working out and losing weight, it is with everything.  We just had some work done in our house and I’m a little unsettled because things aren’t hung on the freshly painted walls.  I need an intervention.  My husband walks in the door last night and I’m standing there with a hammer and nail ready to nail SOMETHING, ANYTHING to the wall.  “Put down the hammer Noreen.” 
I would be happy if the 60 day challenge was like 3 days.  They could measure me on Tuesday and on Friday I would win because I would have lost .00000000000001 inches.  This is a LONG process and I have never had to work so hard to lose weight in my LIFE!  This is exactly why I was a sprinter and not a long distance runner.  I mean, let’s rip off this band aide already.  Right now the hairs on my arm are standing up and pinching me slowly and torturing me.  But the problem is, it is going to be over and I’ll be exactly where I started.  I must learn to Take. It. Slow. 

Food
There is so much good food and I can’t have any of it.  Not a good combo.  I do well and then KERPLUNK…back to the drawing board.  My motto is, “I’ll start tomorrow.”  Not a good one to have, I know.  I’m actually staying within my weight watchers points, but they actually give me like a gajillion bank points which I don’t go over, I promise.  But why, when I use every point I have and not a point more, I don’t lose weight, weight watchers?  That question is for you.

Stress
See the above title marked, “kids”

So, here I am, in the middle of a roadblock and with less than a month to go, I’m a little discouraged.  But, I guess I have to buck up and keep trying.  I just don’t see any big changes right now and I thought I would by now.  I guess I’ll just keep plugging along….

-8 Total

1 comment:

  1. I told you- totally can tell in your face. And you were never "fat" so it's not like you're going to see a HUGE difference as if you had like 30-40 lbs to lose. Eight is pretty darn good, because it's also not like you're 10 ft tall. Eight down really shows on you, but subtley. For me, when I saw you, it was more like- "Oh, I never noticed that Noreen is so tiny", (forgetting about the challenge). Just making a quick observation. Not like- wow, she was so fat before- she looks like she dropped a ton. You look good. You should feel proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete